Monday, November 12, 2012

OCTOBER FOOD FEST (part 1)

I have been on a low carb diet since April, so far its working for me and to be truthful, I feel so much better than ever before. I really thought that this was the easiest weight loss program, until October came. The month of October made me love my job a little bit. My client, one of my many favorites, called for a meeting and an ocular inspection of the venue where their company will hold the next event. After making measurements and checking out Isla Ballroom's new look (it was recently renovated), we headed to HEAT for lunch. Buffet style. I cannot even begin to list down everything that I gobbled down my throat but I do have a list of the ones that really got my attention. I started with salmon sashimi,I know this is nothing special but I don't know anyone who doesn't like salmon in any form. Im ashamed to admit this, but I think my plate was filled with 50% salmon, 25% steamed prawns and 25% steamed clams. The waiter asked me my choice of drink, I requested for filtered water, I didn't want any sugared drink to destroy my appetite for my next trip to the buffet area. The savory stuff was my next target. Heat had a wide array of beef dishes, but I went for the basic roast beef with gravy. It was really tender and oh so tasty. My stomach was already sending signals of disappointment after the roast beef attack but my taste buds were just putting on their cheerleader costume and grabbing their pompoms. I decided on a few minutes of rest and chat with my clients. I walked around the buffet area and skipped the pasta section and went straight to dessert!!! The bread pudding with chocolate and vanilla sauce totally blew me off! I didn't even bother to check out the other desserts. This was it for me. I requested for black coffee to go with my pudding dessert and it was a field trip for my taste buds!!! (HEAT is located at Edsa Shangri-la Hotel, Mandaluyong City

No comments: