Monday, January 4, 2010

2009.....


2009 was a great year for me!!! It all started in March...
Watched Eraserhead's Final Set at the Moa Concert Grounds and I absolutely enjoyed it!!! I had so much fun because I was with friends!! I was never an eraserheads fan, but after that concert, which was hailed as the "CONCERT OF THE YEAR", i was totally hooked. I have their songs on my playlist.:) This was followed by countless gimmiks with friends...getting drunk and happy...and feeling like a teenager again.

Summer was perfect too...spent holy week in Villa Escudero as usual. My boys just love the water. They can stay in the pool for hours taking a break only for snacks. And in May, went on an overnight getaway in Clark with Oj. This marked our 15 years together, it felt like "TANAN" with the blessings of my mom who agreed to watch the kids. Yeah...we had our ups and downs,he's not perfect, im not perfect, maybe thats why we're perfect for each other. But this I know for sure, Oj will be there to sit around with me and will be the one holding my hand when BRO calls my name. Fifteen years together...now happier with four kids....maybe 10 more years and we'll be happier with grandchildren. I'll be the sexiest lola in the world! hahaha.

June is birthday month for me and oj. Mine was simple. I had to work during the day...had early japanese dinner with my family, Dad's treat of course. Afterwards, it was yellow cab pizza with my boys in eastwood. This is also the month my Nino went to a regular school, now 11, he still attends first grade classes. As you all know, my Nino has learning difficulties and attended a school for special kids, but he is sooooo smart, one would wonder what his disabilities are.

July was Dad's 60th birthday and we all surprised him with a birthday party he will never forget!

August was party month with friends...it was joan's birthday month. I must say, that i found true friends in Noel and Joan. In fact I made a lot of friends this year...thanks to oj. It was also bonding month with oj's brothers, spent most Sundays with them planning mama pitt's 80th birthday. Meetings with them also meant eatings! goodness.... these people just know good food! Im lucky I have brothers in law like them....they just love to eat!

September was a big month, Mama's 80th! Ate chi was home for this very special event. And all the planning, meetings and eatings proved to be a success. We had so much fun that night. A week later, Ondoy came. Yes, it destroyed a lot of homes, a lot of cars, a lot of furniture and yes, lives too. But it also brought a Nation together. At this day and age, the Filipinos still has the BAYANIHAN spirit. Donations from both local and abroad came flooding in. Millions of pesos were donated. This only proves that if we all work together, we can pull it off.

October is the beginning of what I call BIRTHDAY SEASON. Starts with Ikey, October 2. He turned fifteen. Amazing how time flies. He's growing up even more handsome than I expected. And in fairness to him..he's a good boy. I know he is. I know that he hates himself when he knows he has disappointed me. But he is a good guy. And I also know that he will grow up to be a good guy. I once told him in one of my "LECTURES OVER DINNER", not to rush things......he will grow up and be able to do the things that he is soooooo eager to do now. I even told him that when the time comes for his first kiss....i wanted fireworks to go with it!! hahahaha.

We have three birthday celebs for the month of November. Nina, Joey and Nino. Nina turned 6, Joey 3 and Nino 11. Nina is growing up looking more and more like yna and Joey too!! hahaaha! joey is yna's look alike. Nino's birthday was probably his most memorable. My dad gave him a trip to corregidor!!!!

December 3 was Mojo's birthday!!!! Met him and his dad at the mall. He requested for a toy that was sooooo affordable!!!! hahahahah. But the rest of the month, though it was the season we all look forward to, went less than i expected, or maybe im asking too much. But im still thankful.

2010 will be my year!!!

LAUGH YOUR HEART OUT, DANCE IN THE RAIN, CHERISH THE MOMENT, IGNORE THE PAIN. LIVE, LOVE, FORGIVE AND FORGET. LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE LIVING WITH REGRETS. ♥♥♥

No comments: