Thursday, March 21, 2013

Chef Laudico Guevarra's.


My sister turned a year older yesterday and what better way to celebrate it than eating buffet style, right? So we all headed to the Chef Laudico Guevarra's in San Juan. 
As we entered the huge driveway, a well lit garden welcomed us and and to the left is an old house that can only be described as stunning. The house is probably form 20's or so era. Painted in white. One can tell by just looking at it that whoever lived there must be very rich. Its even better inside! All white with a touch of dark brown and red chairs. High ceiling, hardwood flooring...the works! 
Now for the food. I decided on a salad to start my meal. Crisp lettuce and fresh tomatoes paired with guava vinaigrette. Deliciously sweet and tangy. On my next trip to the buffet table, I took the bigger plate to accommodate my plans. For my rice, I chose the one with crab fat. I guess I don't really have to explain why, its crab fat, cooked with rice. Together, they are perfection! I also had a serving spoon of the Longganara, its the only pasta on the buffet table. Creamy and delectable. My little boy loved this too. Baked Tanigue Pangat, is not your usual pangat, the fish is tenderly baked and the flavor is gentle on my taste buds. I also tried the other items pakbet bagnet, Angus beef karekare, grilled squid and grilled shrimps. The squid was really tender and the shrimp was sweet. There are other items that I was not able to try. I made several trips to the buffet table just to get servings of the Baked tanigue pangat. 

When I finally had my fill of all that savory stuff, it was time for the sweet stuff. The dessert area offers quite a selection of pastries that will make your mouth water. What I like about it is that you will not see an entire cake there, every thing is displayed in small servings. It will not overwhelm your eyes. They also have a selection of fruits, a white chocolate fountain and latik fountain. They even have soft ice cream machine! The fruit salad, brazo de mercedes and halohalo are served in shot glasses. The brazo took my breath away. Oh my. 

I must say this place is perfect for family gatherings. Kids can run around the garden while waiting for their parents to finish their meal. 

If you are like me and you like buffet, Chef Laudico Guevarra's is located at 387, P. Guevarra St., San Juan. :) 

No comments: