Monday, October 13, 2008

Sick

I hardly get sick, and when I do, it's usually tolerab1e and would only last a few days. Last week, I realized, I must be getting old. I caught a flu, and the worst one i've ever had. My whole body was aching. My head was like being hit with a hammer! No amount of Alaxan or Paracetamol worked. I was told to get some sleep, how could I sleep?! I had the biggest headaches of the century! As a result, I had to take three days off.

The five days (including Saturday and Sunday) I spent at home proved to be worth it. My boys were the best nurses in the world! My wish was their command. Joey, my two year old, kept tucking me in blankets. And Mojo would kiss me on the mouth everytime my eyes were closed (as much as I discouraged him from doing that, he would just say because you're so cute mommy). Nino kept caressing my legs.

I have also discovered how firm Joey can be when he says NO. He also learned, during those five days, to say "LABU", short for "i love you". Ikey, however. being a teenager wasn't seen at home that much. I guess at his age he liked the company of his friends a lot.

Being sick has its benefits. You get to spend time with the ones you really love. And you get to appreciate the tiniest gesture that comes from a toddler. Sometimes, I wonder, where have I been all this time, and who taught them to be so SWEET???

Now, im getting ready to go back to work tomorrow. I wonder when will I be able to spend five straight days with them again. Soon. I hope.

No comments: